The Digital POWRR team invites applications for the second of five upcoming in-person, 2.5 day digital preservation training institutes. The second Institute will be held January 3-5, 2024 at the University of Arizona’s Main Library in Tucson, Arizona. Due to the generosity of the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Institutes are offered free of charge and travel stipends are available!
An ideal candidate for a POWRR institute fits some of these descriptions:
· Someone who works directly with collections, including digital materials
· Someone who has been exposed to basic digital preservation concepts, but struggles with moving from theory to practice
· Someone who represents or serves historically underrepresented populations
· Someone who is comfortable with basic technology (navigating a basic computing environment), but would benefit from instruction on more intermediate concepts
· Someone employed by an institution unable to provide professional development funding adequate to attend other digital preservation training opportunities
· Someone who would benefit from being a part of a small cohort of professionals like themselves, and who will put forth effort into sustaining these professional connections after the end of the Institute
For more details on the POWRR Institutes, please visit the following page: https://digitalpowrr.niu.edu/upcoming-events/
Apply here: https://forms.gle/7ZfSSyN5DRyauaVW9
Questions? Unable to apply via the Google Form link? Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or further assistance.
Application deadline: September 1, 2023
Applicants will be notified of application status by October 2, 2023.
The Digital POWRR Team