The Department of Cultural and Community Engagement (CCE) is searching for a Digital Content Specialist to aid in the digital storytelling of CCE endeavors and digital collection development in preparation for a physical collection move and the building of a new Museum of Utah slated to open in 2023. This position is for 2-3 years with the possibility of extension. Work can be a combination of in-person work and telework subject to a telework agreement with the department.
As the Digital Content Specialist you will typically:
- Be responsible for ongoing digital content production and digital storytelling, including working with the collections team on establishing priorities for collections digitization, digitization project management and digital online presence.
- Be responsible for maintaining a continuous and agile content production process, establishing workflows to optimize efficiency, refining metadata, optimizing usability and conducting quality assurance.
- Work on a variety of content areas, that may include exhibitions, collections, behind the scenes activities and public outreach.
- Ensure content across digital platforms is up to date and aligns with online content strategy as part of the CCE’s mission and the building of the museum.
- Conduct research, media asset gathering and selection, writing and editing, interpretation and adaptation of existing content, coordination of review and publishing schedules and distribution of final products.
- Perform content management tasks including organizing, tagging and application of metadata.
- Conduct ongoing tracking and reporting of content-related key performance indicators and analytics, monitoring and moderation of publicly generated content, and regular content review, maintenance and quality assurance.
For more information about the position, including salary, qualifications, and to apply, please visit the Utah government jobs portal at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah/jobs/3075373/digital-content-specialist