The Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University is seeking a part-time archival processing specialist to assist with the arrangement and description of manuscript materials. The individual will work primarily with that are slated for digitization to be added to the library’s digital collections and will complete added-value processing for digitization preparation according to established departmental standards (file- or item-level processing and description).
* Arrangement of archival materials slated for digitization projects
* Revision of legacy finding aids for digitization projects
* Description of archival materials according to national and departmental standards
* Manage student processors
* Quality control of completed finding aids according to national and department standards
* Identification of preservation issues within archival collections
* Professional development
For more information, including desired qualifications and salary, please visit the Brigham Young University job posting at https://hr.lib.byu.edu/archival-processing-specialist.
Applications should be submitted by June 23, 2023.