The Division of Archives and Record Services is looking for a new Collection Management Specialist to provide support to division programs and customers searching for historical state records.
The Collection Management Specialist is a vital part of the Division’s physical and intellectual control of a permanent collection of historic government records by:
- Providing customer service by managing record circulation and assisting visitors with records requests, check-outs, and check-ins.
- Performing complex data entry in multiple systems to ensure intellectual control over record collections.
- Proactively identifying and creating solutions for data issues.
- Performing basic troubleshooting on automated storage system hardware and software.
- Participating in collection management projects, such as inventorying record collections.
- Providing core support for State Archives Reference, Processing, and Reformatting Programs.
- Collaborating as a part of the Archives Circulation Team and implementing process improvements based on guidance from that team.
- Physically lifting and filing boxes in an automated storage and retrieval system environment.
For more information about the position, necessary qualifications, and to apply, visit the State of Utah job site at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah/jobs/3455034/archives-collection-management-specialist.