The call for proposals is open for our joint CIMA/SSA Conference in Tucson in May. Please visit the following website and consider submitting a proposal. Hope to have great representation from our organization.
The minutes from the September 7, 2018 meeting of CIMA Council are available here.
The Utah State Division of Archives is seeking an Archivist II for their Local Government team at the Utah State Archives in Salt Lake City. Principal duties of the position include:
- Organize and process historical records.
- Create reference materials and finding aids to facilitate public access to records.
- Provide archival evaluation of records for administrative, fiscal, legal, historic, and research values.
- Provide administrative support to the Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board (USHRAB), such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and facilitating communication.
- Coordinate grant funding.
- Provide archival expertise to local government entities, which includes a diverse group of people with a variety of interesting records.
- Identify, describe, appraise, process, reformat, and preserve records in accordance with State Archives policies.
- Participate in outreach efforts to promote the division to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a statewide network of archival entities.
- Participate in the division Continuity of Operations Program to create and implement an emergency planning and response program.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the Utah State government jobs website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2197027/archivist-ii/agency/utah/apply. Questions may also be directed to Rebecca Lisor at 801-538-3062. Applications must be received by September 13, 2018.
Announcement–Due to a number of external factors, CIMA’s 2018 formal program of the NEVADA FALL CAUCUS has been cancelled in Las Vegas. In lieu of a formal program, CIMA will be participating at the Nevada Library Association’s annual conference (Oct. 13-14), solely as an outreach activity. CIMA will have a promotional table at this conference, and we are sponsoring a panel session, discussing opportunities in the archival profession.
In addition, members of CIMA are invited for an informal “pay-your-own” lunch at 1:00 PM on Saturday, October 13th, at “Jake & Eli” inside the Westin Hotel. (Conference attendance is not necessary for this lunch.) We hope this will be a good networking opportunity to meet local professionals from Nevada’s library and archival community. We will be discussing future archival programs, and looking for feedback concerning training within the state.
If you would like to join CIMA’s Nevada membership for this informal lunch, please RSVP by emailing Michael Frazier (email@example.com. We look forward to visiting with you at the NLA conference.
- October 2-5, 2018, DAS Boot Camp at Salt Lake County Archives
- October 13-14th, 2018, Nevada Library Association and CIMA lunch
- October 19th, 2018, Utah Fall Caucus at Weber State University
- May 15-18th, 2019, joint CIMA/SSA Conference in Tucson, Arizona
The Salt Lake County Archives is seeking a Reference and Processing Archivist. This 29-hour, part-time position will be responsible for providing reference services, assisting with archival records processing projects, and assisting with the development of outreach projects. They will also be expected to participate in applicable training opportunities to supplement archival knowledge, create working relationships with colleagues, and participate in projects that would enhance Salt Lake County Archives.
For more information about the position, please contact Kari Krattley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2018.
The Community Library is seeking a Regional History Librarian to work as part of a team to process, preserve, and make accessible central Idaho historical materials. The position includes general library operations, patron research reference work, archival processing, oral history interview work, museum inventory work, cataloging, digitization of multiple types of materials and objects, and exhibition development (both in the museum and library). This full-time, hourly position reports to the Director of Regional History. The Center for Regional History includes the Betty Olsen Carr Reading Room, Regional History Special Collections, the Regional History Museum, and the Hemingway House cultural site. The position is Tuesday through Saturday.
For the full job description and application instructions, visit the Community Library website at http://www.comlib.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Regional-History-Librarian.pdf Applications must be received by August 22, 2018. For all inquiries contact Nicole Lichtenberg at email@example.com.
The Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board (USHRAB) is having another grant round. The application deadline is August 31. Grants are for increased access to and preservation of Utah’s historical records. Grant guidelines, application form, digitization letter of agreement, and other grant forms are available online at https://archives.utah.gov/USHRAB/grants.html.
If you are submitting an application for a digitization project, you must include the digitization letter of agreement with your application. Please contact Janell Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about the grant program. Feel free to share this information with others that might be interested in this grant.