April 12, 2021
Registration is now open for the 2021 Society of Southwest Archivists Annual Meeting, Going With the Flow, being held virtually May 17-21, 2021.
Early bird registration is available until April 16 (you must register to receive access to the virtual event platform.)
More details about the conference are available on the conference website, with descriptions of the program, virtual tours, and information about the host city, Baton Rouge!
April 2, 2021
The National Security Research Center (NSRC) at Los Alamos National Laboratory is seeking an early-career Archivist who can help us provide reference services and/or process our materials. The position is responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Provide reference services via phone, email, and face-to-face AND/OR assist with properly arranging and describing our collections.
- Take part in ongoing professional development and archival certification.
- Contribute to the success of the NSRC by performing all other duties as assigned.
For more information about the position, salary, and to apply, please visit the Los Alamos National Laboratory website at https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/archivist-library-professional-1/DB849BDD79B34638BFA1D32C961AFA40/job/
January 16, 2020
This year the Conference of Inter-Mountain Archivists (CIMA) is offering three $500 travel assistance scholarships to assist CIMA members who want to attend the 2020 Western Archivists Meeting in San Francisco, April 21-25, 2020. These scholarships are intended to encourage member participation by offsetting the expenses associated with travel, hotel, and per diem for those whose employers do not provide adequate travel support. Specific scholarships are available for early career archivists and students, as well as the Steve Wood Meeting Scholarship.
Members interested in applying for a CIMA travel assistance scholarship should consult the funding page for more information, and complete the linked scholarship application.
Any additional questions should be directed to Ellen Ryan (email@example.com).
April 30, 2018
The 2018 CIMA election closed on Friday, April 27th, and the results are in; thank you to all who ran for a position, and to everyone who voted.
We are pleased to announce the following:
CIMA Vice President/President-elect: Erika Castano, University of Arizona Libraries
CIMA Treasurer: Ryan Lee, Brigham Young University
CIMA Council Representatives:
Rae Gifford, Utah State Archives and Records Service
Kandace Harris, Weber State University
Sarah Jones, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Congratulations to everyone, and we look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City in May!
January 12, 2018
The conference website for our 2018 Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City is live and available for your use! Over the coming weeks we will be adding information to the site, including conference registration information and the tentative conference schedule. For now you can:
- Register for one of our two pre-conference SAA workshops. The Education and Training Committee has worked hard to get SAA to commit to two workshops for our meeting and we hope that it will prove valuable to our members.
- Book your hotel room our conference hotel, the Salt Lake Sheraton. We have a block of rooms available for conference attendees at a reduced rate. Be sure to make your reservation before that block is gone. The reduced room rate will end on April 22nd.
Additional information and features will be added in the coming weeks to the conference website. The CIMA Council and our planning committees is looking forward to seeing you for what will be a terrific Annual Conference in May!