June 30, 2017
Sacramento State seeks to fill a Library Services Specialist IV in the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. This position is focused on special collections accessioning, processing, and cataloging of historical collections and institutional archives in analog and digital formats. This position directly contributes to student and faculty success by making special collections and archives materials available for research and instruction.
Applications for this positions are to be submitted through the Sacramento State jobs website: http://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/1962. Complete information on the position and Instructions on how to apply can be found at this link.
June 19, 2017
The Mountain West Digital Library is hiring a Digital Metadata Librarian to support the improvement of metadata standards and metadata in digital collections from MWDL partners, including memory institutions in Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, and Wyoming. This position will also be responsible for creating, maintaining, and repurposing digital object metadata for the Marriott Library, including any collections, subjects, languages, and formats as assigned using the MWDL Dublin Core Application Profile or other necessary metadata standards.
Working with all employees in MWDL and reporting to the MWDL Director, the successful candidate will:
- Facilitate the harvest of collections metadata into MWDL and from there into the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA).
- Perform metadata audits of new collections and spot-check existing collections for ongoing conformance to standards.
- Work with new partners and repositories to resolve metadata issues and Open Archives Initiative (OAI) interoperability issues.
- Work with Web Discovery Services team at Marriott Library to execute ingestion of new collections into Ex Libris Primo. Modify normalization rules and XSL transformations as needed.
- Coordinate with DPLA staff regarding mapping and ingest of metadata into DPLA portal.
- Complete metadata work on the Marriott Library collections and conduct quality assurance on existing metadata for collections marked for MWDL ingest.
- Respond to questions about metadata from partner institutions.
- Describe new collections on website and promote them via social media. Design topic browse pages for website.
- Conduct periodic collection analyses of MWDL and prepare roadmap of our collection coverage.
- Work with appropriate task force(s) within MWDL Digitization Committee and with DPLA staff to improve metadata policies and best practices.
Additional responsibilities: Assist the MWDL Director with investigation of new technologies of interest to member repositories and other collection partners. Participate actively in appropriate professional societies and report on outcomes and work processes developed at occasional professional conferences. Other duties as assigned as MWDL grows and develops.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the University of Utah jobs portal.
June 19, 2017
The Utah State Archives is seeking an Archivist II to provide services to local government agencies including the identification, description, appraisal, scheduling and classification of records series and agency records management systems in accordance with State Archives policies; assistance and training of agency records officers and others regarding all aspects of records management, as well as the Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA); acquisition of electronic records and development of an electronic records program; and maintenance and revision of the state general records retention schedules.
For more information on the position, and to apply, please visit the Utah State Jobs website or consult the full job announcement. The application period will close on July 4, 2017.
March 22, 2017
The University of Arizona Libraries seeks a driven, collaborative, service-oriented professional as a Collections Management Archivist. This position meets the information needs of students, faculty, and other Special Collections users through the development and management of the department’s collections including acquisitioning, processing, description, and collections maintenance. The position also provides reference service and instruction on the use of archival collections with occasional curation of exhibitions. This position provides leadership and collaborates with other department staff in developing strategies for the long-term stewardship of the University of Arizona’s Special Collections through managing physical and digital materials, especially through accessioning, and arrangement and description of archival collections. This leadership role is responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring employees, students, and interns. Additionally, the incumbent provides research support and promotes collections to students, faculty and scholars. This is a continuing-eligible or continuing track, academic professional position. Incumbents are members of the general faculty and are entitled to all accompanying rights and privileges granted by the Arizona Board of Regents and the University of Arizona. Retention and promotion are earned through achievement of a record of excellence in position effectiveness, scholarship, and service.
For additional information about the position, including salary, benefits, responsibilities, and qualifications, see the University of Arizona website at http://uacareers.com/postings/17233.
March 14, 2017
The Utah State Archives is seeking an full-time Open Records Portal Archivist. The Open Records Portal is a central website for public access to governmental records and for making records requests online. Principal duties of the position include:
- Work with the Utah Transparency Board to prioritize records to be posted online.
- Collaborate with Archives staff and state records officers to compile and post records online.
- Monitor and track incoming Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) requests.
- Provide technical assistance to portal users.
- Manage the functionality of the portal.
- Make recommendations for system improvements.
For more information about the position, see the official announcement on the Utah State Jobs portal.
February 7, 2017
Utah State Archives is looking for a new Archival Technician to work in the State Records Center in Clearfield. Employees in this position are responsible for the storage, management, and destruction of records for all state agencies. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting state agencies with records management questions, concerns, and reports
- Receiving and verifying incoming records to ensure accuracy
- Identifying records that have met retention and sending notices to the associated agency to get approval for destruction
- Maintaining accurate records by entering and managing information in a database
Employees will use and work around warehouse equipment (such as forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc.) to file and retrieve records, manage warehouse space, and load and unload trucks.
Best qualified applicants will have at least 1 year of experience working in a warehouse, including operating a forklift and/or pallet jack, and will be able to perform physically demanding duties, including lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
For more information about the position, including desired qualifications and compensation, see the Utah State Archives listing.
February 7, 2017
The Clyde Companies is seeking an Archivist & Records Manager to be responsible for implementing an enterprise-wide records program; also the identification, appraisal, acquisition, creation, organization, description, access/retrieval and preservation of historical materials pertinent to the current operations and the history of the Clyde Companies, Inc.
- In cooperation with corporate and information technology personnel, implement an enterprise-wide records management program to improve business outcomes;
- Locate, survey and evaluate records of administrative, legal, fiscal and historical value;
- Liaise with local institutions and community partners to share and/or collect records pertinent to the Clyde Companies and its founders;
- Effectively collaborate with current and past personnel to gather/provide records and information for key projects including conducting recorded interviews and acquiring pertinent historical materials;
- Producing biographies, assist with corporate communications, social media and marketing functions as needed;
- Create and maintain accession records, finding aids, databases and catalog records;
- Survey record conditions, determine prudent practices in storage, then carry out a storage plan to preserve, care, and offer security for records and historical materials;
- Produce record retention schedules for retrieval and distribution of records, as required by organizational needs and projects;
- Adhere to company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, etc.; and assist with other duties as assigned.
For more information about the position and required qualifications, please see the Clyde Companies listing.