February 21, 2019
Sacramento State seeks to fill a Library Services Specialist III in the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. This position is focused on public services and accessioning, processing, and cataloging of historical collections and institutional archives in analog and digital formats. This position directly contributes to student and faculty success by making special collections and archives materials available for research and instruction.
Applications for this positions are to be submitted through the Sacramento State jobs website: https://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/3837. Instructions on how to apply can be found at this link.
January 22, 2019
The Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University seeks a Technical Specialist to join their digitization program. The Technical Specialist develops and implements hardware, software, and data management solutions in collaboration with the Digital Initiatives Program Manager and other relevant parties to ensure all digital processing workflows adhere to national digital imaging guidelines, including color management and full text generation. Additional responsibilities include training student employees on lab equipment and standards, managing digital imaging requests, and development and training for the Library’s Web-based transcription program. Areas of essential functions for the position include:
- Digital Imaging Requests from Patrons and Curators
- Digital Imaging Standards, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
- Transcribe Program
- Digital Initiatives Outreach
- Data Management
For a full description of the position requirements, and to apply, visit the university’s job site at https://hrms.byu.edu/psc/ps/PUBLIC/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Employee&SiteId=60&JobOpeningId=77998&PostingSeq=1
Applications for the position must be received by January 27, 2019.
January 22, 2019
The LDS Church History Library is seeking a part-time (25 hours/week) intern to assist volunteers (senior missionaries) to identify and tag digitized images with metadata needed for successful discovery. The intern will assist with training these volunteers, review their work, and troubleshoot and fix problems they discover in the tagging process. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Learn the Church History Library’s Metadata Enrichment Tool
- Train volunteers how to use it
- Review volunteer work
- Reconcile and resolve problems or exceptions encountered in this process
- Create and enhance training documentation
- Consult on improving the tool and processes
- Participate with other library, archival and product management professionals in improving Library services
- Read and study LDS Church history, and professional literature related to instructional design, libraries, archives and digital asset management
Applicants should be students or recent (within last 12 months) college or university graduates with career goals in the field of instructional design, library/archival science, or digital asset management to apply for this 1-year, paid internship. Applications must be received by January 25, 2019.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints job site at https://careers.lds.org/search/public/jobdetail.aspx?jobid=224381
October 29, 2018
The Marriott Library at the University of Utah is seeking a Moving Image and Sound Digital Archivist. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and overseeing digital projects within the Moving Image and Sound Archive, including coordinating the digitization of analog materials for preservation and access, organizing and evaluating born digital and legacy digitized materials, creating and monitoring technical and descriptive metadata, and working with colleagues across library departments to ensure that digital moving image and sound files are preserved and accessible to the public. In addition to managing these projects, the successful candidate will influence and assist in the execution of the policies, procedures and day-to-day operations of the AV Archive, including collection management, reference and research for library patrons, and collection exhibition and outreach. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to serve on cross-departmental committees, present at conferences, and supervise and train part-time employees.
This is a full time, permanent (not term) staff position in Salt Lake City, Utah. All applications received by November 12, 2018 will receive full consideration. However, this is a local recruitment. Out of area candidates will be responsible for travel costs for final in-person interviews and for moving costs, if selected.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the University of Utah job portal at https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/84176.
September 7, 2018
The Utah State Division of Archives is seeking an Archivist II for their Local Government team at the Utah State Archives in Salt Lake City. Principal duties of the position include:
- Organize and process historical records.
- Create reference materials and finding aids to facilitate public access to records.
- Provide archival evaluation of records for administrative, fiscal, legal, historic, and research values.
- Provide administrative support to the Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board (USHRAB), such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and facilitating communication.
- Coordinate grant funding.
- Provide archival expertise to local government entities, which includes a diverse group of people with a variety of interesting records.
- Identify, describe, appraise, process, reformat, and preserve records in accordance with State Archives policies.
- Participate in outreach efforts to promote the division to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a statewide network of archival entities.
- Participate in the division Continuity of Operations Program to create and implement an emergency planning and response program.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the Utah State government jobs website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2197027/archivist-ii/agency/utah/apply. Questions may also be directed to Rebecca Lisor at 801-538-3062. Applications must be received by September 13, 2018.