July 19, 2018
The University of Idaho is seeking a Head for their Special Collections and Archives. This is a faculty status (rank negotiable), 12-month appointment.
The successful candidate will provide energetic leadership and direction for department activities. Using state-of-the-art and traditional practices in developing, preserving, and making accessible special collections, the incumbent will partner with colleagues and the community to spearhead a clear vision for special collections and archives at the university. This role will include building successful relationships throughout the state and region to ensure a well-articulated program for acquiring and managing unique materials in all formats. The incumbent will supervise a staff of four, engage in programming, research, reference services, collection development, and will work productively with the Dean, University Libraries to pursue donor relationships and funding opportunities. Faculty must demonstrate a record of scholarly achievement, outreach, and service, as well as success in job performance for tenure and promotion.
For more information about the position, including qualifications and application procedures, visit the University of Idaho job site at https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/21933. Applications must be received by August 9, 2018.
July 19, 2018
The Utah Department of Administrative Services has a recruitment open for a Records Analyst Manager, working in the Division of Facilities Construction and Management. This is a full-time position with benefits, with a salary range of $16.80 – $29.68/hour. Applications are due by July 29, 2018 (11:59 p.m). Additional information is available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2148408/records-analyst-manager/agency/utah/apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Lisor at 801-538-3062.
May 25, 2018
The Utah Department of Heritage and Arts, Division of Arts & Museums is recruiting for a Collections Manger/Collections Facility Project Manager. Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be spent on Arts and Museums Collection Management activities and 50% of the time will be spent to oversee the physical development of a new collection storage facility for the Department of Heritage and Arts, State History and Arts & Museums. The selected individual will act as a liaison between State History, Utah Arts & Museums, the Department of Heritage and Arts, and other state, local, and federal agencies, and external stakeholders.
Principal duties for the position include:
- Overseeing the physical management and care of objects located in the Alice Merrill Horne Art collection.
- Overseeing the physical development of collections storage space including working with architects and DFCM (Division of Facilities Construction and Management).
- Supervising full-time employees, volunteers, interns, students, and seasonal staff.
- Managing conservation/restoration budget.
- Serving as the project manager for the development of the proposed/new collections management facility.
- Overseeing collections moved from Art Haus to 3rd party storage facility, back to the new building.
- Working the Department of Heritage & Arts, State History and Arts & Museums to develop and initiate new policies and procedures for the new collection facility.
For more information about the position, and to apply online, please visit the State of Utah jobs site at https://agency.governmentjobs.com/utah/default.cfm?action=jobbulletin&JobID=2079301.
March 23, 2018
The University of Nevada, Reno Libraries seeks an experienced professional for Director of Special Collections to shape the future of the department and its programs. The Special Collections department includes the University Archives. The Director also has oversight for the Basque Library, with the largest Basque collection outside of the Basque Country.
Reporting to the Dean of Libraries, the Director is responsible for the planning, implementation and promotion of a wide range of departmental initiatives. The successful candidate will have demonstrated management success and the ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds, opinions, and orientations. The candidate will be knowledgeable in current and emerging archival, access, and digitization standards, practices, and technologies. The Libraries emphasize excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; a strong service orientation; collaboration and teamwork; the ability to manage change; and the desire to actively engage in campus and community outreach activities to promote the collections and build partnerships with diverse stakeholder groups.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the University of Nevada, Reno job posting at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNR-external/job/University-of-Nevada-Reno—Main-Campus/Director-of-Special-Collections—Librarian-II-III_R0108284.
March 23, 2018
Boise State University Albertsons Library invites applicants for the professional staff position of Digital Archivist in Special Collections and Archives (SCA). The Digital Archivist reports to the Head of Special Collections and Archives and works both individually and collaboratively with a team that includes two Librarian/Archivists, student assistants, and interns.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Electronic Records/Digital Assets Management (80%)
- Lead the development of an electronic records solution and policies for permanent assets in accordance with Policy #1020 and state records retention laws
- Create and manage systems and processes for acquisition, accessioning, processing, and preservation of electronic records and digital assets
- Engage and assist the campus and donors with electronic record donations
- Effectively communicate and advocate for electronic records and digital assets systems support to the Office of Information Technology, administration, and other campus departments
- Plan, schedule, implement, and document standards, policies, and best practices related to digital assets, metadata schema, workflows, and quality control
- Review, investigate, test, and evaluate digital platforms, systems, and tools
- Maintain awareness of trends and advances through activities such as reading current literature, pursuing educational opportunities, and participating in professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Public/Reference Service (20%)
- Through presentations and outreach, represent and champion digital preservation interests across the library, the University, and the community
- Conduct in-depth reference interviews to assist patrons in accessing archival material
- Provide in-person and remote reference assistance
For more information about the position, including qualifications and salary, visit the Boise State University job site at https://boisestate.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=180202&tz=GMT-06%3A00
March 19, 2018
The Division of Archives is seeking an Executive Secretary to provide administrative support for the State Records Committee and participate as a member of the Open Records Team. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for the Committee, including
- Scheduling meetings.
- Taking meeting minutes.
- Coordinating communication between petitioners, government, and the Committee.
- Review, manage, and coordinate appeals, decisions, orders, subpoenas, and summons.
- Perform legal research.
- Develop and provide training on GRAMA and related topics.
For more information about the position, including desired qualifications and salary, and to apply, visit the State of Utah Job Seeker website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2016205/executive-secretary-state-records-committee/agency/utah/.
August 24, 2017
Brigham Young University is seeking a Curator of Audiovisual Materials and Media Arts History. This continuing faculty status track position (equivalent of tenure) will be responsible for helping students, faculty, and other researchers connect with unique audio, video, photographic, and motion picture materials. The successful applicant will have a unique opportunity to oversee a world-class collection of motion picture related materials and other items of enduring historical interest. This position also presents the challenge of being immersed in historical audiovisual formats while also exploring emerging technologies related to discovery, access, and preservation.
For more information about the position and to apply, visit the BYU job posting at:
https://hrms.byu.edu/psc/ps/PUBLIC/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Employee&SiteId=70&JobOpeningId=64683&PostingSeq=1. Review of applications will begin September 1, 2017.