October 29, 2018
The Marriott Library at the University of Utah is seeking a Moving Image and Sound Digital Archivist. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and overseeing digital projects within the Moving Image and Sound Archive, including coordinating the digitization of analog materials for preservation and access, organizing and evaluating born digital and legacy digitized materials, creating and monitoring technical and descriptive metadata, and working with colleagues across library departments to ensure that digital moving image and sound files are preserved and accessible to the public. In addition to managing these projects, the successful candidate will influence and assist in the execution of the policies, procedures and day-to-day operations of the AV Archive, including collection management, reference and research for library patrons, and collection exhibition and outreach. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to serve on cross-departmental committees, present at conferences, and supervise and train part-time employees.
This is a full time, permanent (not term) staff position in Salt Lake City, Utah. All applications received by November 12, 2018 will receive full consideration. However, this is a local recruitment. Out of area candidates will be responsible for travel costs for final in-person interviews and for moving costs, if selected.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the University of Utah job portal at https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/84176.
September 7, 2018
The Utah State Division of Archives is seeking an Archivist II for their Local Government team at the Utah State Archives in Salt Lake City. Principal duties of the position include:
- Organize and process historical records.
- Create reference materials and finding aids to facilitate public access to records.
- Provide archival evaluation of records for administrative, fiscal, legal, historic, and research values.
- Provide administrative support to the Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board (USHRAB), such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and facilitating communication.
- Coordinate grant funding.
- Provide archival expertise to local government entities, which includes a diverse group of people with a variety of interesting records.
- Identify, describe, appraise, process, reformat, and preserve records in accordance with State Archives policies.
- Participate in outreach efforts to promote the division to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a statewide network of archival entities.
- Participate in the division Continuity of Operations Program to create and implement an emergency planning and response program.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the Utah State government jobs website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2197027/archivist-ii/agency/utah/apply. Questions may also be directed to Rebecca Lisor at 801-538-3062. Applications must be received by September 13, 2018.
August 24, 2018
The Salt Lake County Archives is seeking a Reference and Processing Archivist. This 29-hour, part-time position will be responsible for providing reference services, assisting with archival records processing projects, and assisting with the development of outreach projects. They will also be expected to participate in applicable training opportunities to supplement archival knowledge, create working relationships with colleagues, and participate in projects that would enhance Salt Lake County Archives.
For more information about the position, please contact Kari Krattley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2018.
August 10, 2018
The Community Library is seeking a Regional History Librarian to work as part of a team to process, preserve, and make accessible central Idaho historical materials. The position includes general library operations, patron research reference work, archival processing, oral history interview work, museum inventory work, cataloging, digitization of multiple types of materials and objects, and exhibition development (both in the museum and library). This full-time, hourly position reports to the Director of Regional History. The Center for Regional History includes the Betty Olsen Carr Reading Room, Regional History Special Collections, the Regional History Museum, and the Hemingway House cultural site. The position is Tuesday through Saturday.
For the full job description and application instructions, visit the Community Library website at http://www.comlib.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Regional-History-Librarian.pdf Applications must be received by August 22, 2018. For all inquiries contact Nicole Lichtenberg at email@example.com.
July 19, 2018
The University of Idaho is seeking a Head for their Special Collections and Archives. This is a faculty status (rank negotiable), 12-month appointment.
The successful candidate will provide energetic leadership and direction for department activities. Using state-of-the-art and traditional practices in developing, preserving, and making accessible special collections, the incumbent will partner with colleagues and the community to spearhead a clear vision for special collections and archives at the university. This role will include building successful relationships throughout the state and region to ensure a well-articulated program for acquiring and managing unique materials in all formats. The incumbent will supervise a staff of four, engage in programming, research, reference services, collection development, and will work productively with the Dean, University Libraries to pursue donor relationships and funding opportunities. Faculty must demonstrate a record of scholarly achievement, outreach, and service, as well as success in job performance for tenure and promotion.
For more information about the position, including qualifications and application procedures, visit the University of Idaho job site at https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/21933. Applications must be received by August 9, 2018.
July 19, 2018
The Utah Department of Administrative Services has a recruitment open for a Records Analyst Manager, working in the Division of Facilities Construction and Management. This is a full-time position with benefits, with a salary range of $16.80 – $29.68/hour. Applications are due by July 29, 2018 (11:59 p.m). Additional information is available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2148408/records-analyst-manager/agency/utah/apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Lisor at 801-538-3062.
May 25, 2018
The Utah Department of Heritage and Arts, Division of Arts & Museums is recruiting for a Collections Manger/Collections Facility Project Manager. Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be spent on Arts and Museums Collection Management activities and 50% of the time will be spent to oversee the physical development of a new collection storage facility for the Department of Heritage and Arts, State History and Arts & Museums. The selected individual will act as a liaison between State History, Utah Arts & Museums, the Department of Heritage and Arts, and other state, local, and federal agencies, and external stakeholders.
Principal duties for the position include:
- Overseeing the physical management and care of objects located in the Alice Merrill Horne Art collection.
- Overseeing the physical development of collections storage space including working with architects and DFCM (Division of Facilities Construction and Management).
- Supervising full-time employees, volunteers, interns, students, and seasonal staff.
- Managing conservation/restoration budget.
- Serving as the project manager for the development of the proposed/new collections management facility.
- Overseeing collections moved from Art Haus to 3rd party storage facility, back to the new building.
- Working the Department of Heritage & Arts, State History and Arts & Museums to develop and initiate new policies and procedures for the new collection facility.
For more information about the position, and to apply online, please visit the State of Utah jobs site at https://agency.governmentjobs.com/utah/default.cfm?action=jobbulletin&JobID=2079301.