The Utah Division of Archives is seeking a Lead Reformatting Technician in Salt Lake City. Principal duties of the position include:
- Preparing and digitizing various analog media using scanners, recorders, and cameras using best practices. Analog media includes a wide range of media such as microfilm, microfiche, paper (bound and loose-leaf), photographs, slides, maps, and audiovisual material.
- Performing color correcting, cropping, rotating, editing, and enhancing of the overall quality of digital A/V and still image files in post-processing.
- Arranging pick up and delivery of analog media.
- Tracking and managing workflows. This includes creating and editing spreadsheets as needed to adapt to evolving projects, documenting project progress, tallying number counts, tracking time spent, and employee assignments.
- Assisting the Reformatting Program Manager in refining workflows and procedures.
- Acting as a team lead. This includes the following:
- Overseeing staff technical training,
- Delegating projects to technicians,
- Performing quality control,
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and
- Assisting technicians with equipment.
- Performing maintenance on equipment as needed.
For more information about the position, including preferred qualifications, salary, and to apply, please visit the Utah state jobs listing at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah/jobs/3498914/archivist-ii-lead-reformatting-technician?keywords=archives&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.
Applications close on April 12, 2022.