The Church History Library of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is seeking a Digital Asset and Indexing Intern to assist in the digitization, description, and provision of online access to its holdings as possible. The Library identifies and describes people, places, and events in millions of images from published materials and archival collections. Metadata is derived from paper and electronic indices and the digital content itself.
The Church History Library is looking for a candidate with the education, experience, and expertise to help create and transform this metadata, and to assist employees and volunteers by performing quality assurance reviews and providing feedback.
This is an hourly, part-time, paid position.
- Learn how to use the Church History Library’s metadata enrichment tools
- Carry out assigned metadata projects to create, enhance, transform, and normalize existing metadata in spreadsheets and other electronic documents for improved discoverability
- Train volunteers how to use the Library’s metadata enrichment tools
- Assign and review volunteer metadata enrichment work
- Reconcile and resolve problems or exceptions encountered in this process
- Improve professional skills relating to library, archives, and digital asset management
- Improve personal knowledge of Church history
For more information about the position, necessary qualifications, and to apply, visit the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ careers website at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org/, using position number 336088.