The Texas State Library and Archives Commission is seeking an Assistant State Archivist to perform routine (journey-level) managerial work administering the daily operations and activities of its Archives unit. This work involves establishing goals and objectives; developing guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations; developing schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals; evaluating and coordinating activities. The position also plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others. The Assistant State Archivist works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Plans and manages the State Archives Department.
- Oversee staff including conducting performance appraisals and creating development and retention plans.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and procedures related to archival collections and monitor compliance.
- Consult with state agencies and regional historical resources depositories regarding final disposition of records.
- Assist in reviewing agency records schedules and requests to dispose of public records.
- Develop budget requests, monitor expenditures, and related vendor performance.
- Oversee review of records in accordance with provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (PIA).
- Attend work regularly and in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
For more information about the position qualifications and salary, and to apply, please visit the Texas State Library and Archives Commission website at https://www.tsl.texas.gov/jobs/asstarch. Applications close on October 1, 2021.