The Church History Library of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is seeking a digital asset and indexing intern with the education, experience, and expertise to help create and transform metadata, and to assist employees and volunteers by performing quality assurance reviews and providing feedback.
This is an hourly, part-time position.
- Learn how to use the Church History Library’s metadata enrichment tools
- Carry out assigned metadata projects to create, enhance, transform, and normalize existing metadata in spreadsheets and other electronic documents for improved discoverability
- Train volunteers how to use the Library’s metadata enrichment tools
- Assign and review volunteer metadata enrichment work
- Reconcile and resolve problems or exceptions encountered in this process
- Improve professional skills relating to library, archives, and digital asset management
- Improve personal knowledge of Church history
For more information about qualifications, and to apply, please visit the Church employment portal at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/church/employment. Applicants must be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and worthy temple recommend holders.