The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is seeking a Digitizer-Archivist to organize, digitize, and catalog one of the most mission-critical physical collections at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). The incumbent will be on a new team, deployed to the Weapons Production Directorate, working for the Weapons Research Services–Secure Information Services Group.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Digitizing archival media, including paper, microfilm, microfiche, motion picture film, and video
- Creating metadata/indexing information to assist in the retrieval of material
- Quality control for digitized material as well as metadata and indexing
- Uploading digitized material and associating materials with catalog information
- Accession new collections material
Those hired to senior positions will also:
- Provide research librarian support to customers
- Implement machine learning and artificial intelligence tools to efficiently catalog the collection
For more information about the position, including required qualifications, salary, and benefits, visit the Los Alamos National Laboratory website at https://jobszp1.lanl.gov/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=100059083&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=82345&p_spid=3664350&oapc=15&oas=NxFgIg_C9X4SoLTQKB32_Q..