Dixie State University Library seeks applicants for a collaborative and innovative library paraprofessional position in Special Collections & Archives. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with a team to develop and maintain access to digital and physical collections. This position reports to the Librarian (Head) of Special Collections & Archives. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Collection Description: provide narrative descriptions for collections and high-quality descriptive and technical metadata for digital objects in keeping with national standards and protocols.
- Collection Management & Organization: inventory, process, and maintain physical and digital collections organization and arrangement schemas to ensure long-term access and preservation, according to national best standards.
- Digital Conversion: coordinate the in-house digitization of archival materials and collections, including image capture, scanning, and digital conversion of audiovisual media, following accepted preservation and access guidelines and standards. Coordinate, in collaboration with the Library’s digital collections committee, the preservation of digital content.
- Oral History Project Management: oversee the successful completion of oral histories, including transcription, editing, indexing, cataloging, and online access, using digital collection software (OHMS and Omeka).
- Research Assistance: provide customer service and research assistance in the Reading Room, to help researchers find requested information.
- Provide back-up services to circulation desk as needed.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
For more information about the position, including qualifications and salary, please see the Dixie State University job site at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/dixie/jobs/2876228/library-paraprofessional-for-special-collections. Application review begins on October 26, 2020.