The Utah Department of Heritage and Arts (DHA) is seeking a Digital Exhibit Coordinator to develop a digital exhibit celebrating the 125th Anniversary of Utah’s statehood. The position is responsible for developing and creating content for a set of digital exhibitions using the Omeka platform. This is a temporary position running from October 2020-February 2021. The position can work up to 40 hours a week as needed.
The Candidate will:
- Collaborate with other Statehood Commemoration team members
- Develop and curate digital exhibits to highlight items in the State’s art and history
collections as well as materials from State Archives in consultation with DHA program staff
- Record metadata for items in spreadsheets and curate collections in Omeka
- Collaborate with State Archives and DHA staff
- Assist with researching and summarizing topics, develop descriptive web pages and accompanying information for digital items
- Use reference resources to discover accurate and relevant information about digitized objects
- Summarize textual historical research in a digital collection
- Edit digital files (including audio and image editing)
- Cite sources and writing for a general audience
- Experience in designing and building museum exhibits from conception to execution.
- Experience or familiarity with historical archives from exhibit content development.
- Understanding of museum and/or library best practices in collections care, especially for digital objects.
- Able to organize, present, and communicate messages effectively through design,
with an eye for detail and strong design instincts.
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple teams and diverse stakeholders across the
lifetime of the project.
- Exceptional research, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Completed, or pursuing, a college degree in a humanities-based field OR 2 years experience in digital and/or physical museum exhibitions development.
Applicants should send a resume and a cover letter by October 12, 2020 via email to:
Senior Project Manager