SRP, a regional public power and water utility in Phoenix, is seeking a Senior Historical Analyst. The position will be part of a collaborative team that manages archival records and historic artifact collections. Responsibilities include conducting research and communicating findings in writing; giving presentations to internal and external stakeholders; working to process records into a digital asset management system; reviewing corporate records scheduled for disposition to determine their historic significance; overseeing digitization efforts; performing project management, organizing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment, often against critical deadlines; conducting oral history interviews; understanding and communicating SRP’s history and heritage; and working collaboratively with internal and external groups to effectively maintain SRP’s historic collections.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Participates in the management and maintenance of corporate records including documents, photographs, film, digital media, maps, artifacts, ephemera, microfilm, and microfiche.
- Processes records into archival collection utilizing digital asset management system.
- Assists in reviews of corporate records scheduled for destruction to determine their historical significance and makes recommendations for records retention or disposition.
- Acquires material pertaining to the history of Salt River Project from internal and external sources in accordance with the department’s collection policies.
- Oversees digitization projects.
- Performs historical research required for litigation support, policy analysis, and decision making.
- Analyzes material, provides facts and opinions, and reports findings in both oral and written formats.
- Answers requests for historical and contemporary information posed by management and external entities.
- Develops and delivers presentations to both internal and external groups.
- Assists with developing programming and content for the SRP Heritage Center/Museum.
- Conducts oral history interviews.
- Participates in corporate committees and work teams as requested.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please see the complete job announcement at https://performancemanager.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=9295&company=SRPPROD&username=