The Utah State Division of Archives is seeking an Archivist II for their Local Government team at the Utah State Archives in Salt Lake City. Principal duties of the position include:
- Organize and process historical records.
- Create reference materials and finding aids to facilitate public access to records.
- Provide archival evaluation of records for administrative, fiscal, legal, historic, and research values.
- Provide administrative support to the Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board (USHRAB), such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and facilitating communication.
- Coordinate grant funding.
- Provide archival expertise to local government entities, which includes a diverse group of people with a variety of interesting records.
- Identify, describe, appraise, process, reformat, and preserve records in accordance with State Archives policies.
- Participate in outreach efforts to promote the division to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a statewide network of archival entities.
- Participate in the division Continuity of Operations Program to create and implement an emergency planning and response program.
For more information about the position, and to apply, please visit the Utah State government jobs website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2197027/archivist-ii/agency/utah/apply. Questions may also be directed to Rebecca Lisor at 801-538-3062. Applications must be received by September 13, 2018.