The Utah Department of Heritage and Arts, Division of Arts & Museums is recruiting for a Collections Manger/Collections Facility Project Manager. Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be spent on Arts and Museums Collection Management activities and 50% of the time will be spent to oversee the physical development of a new collection storage facility for the Department of Heritage and Arts, State History and Arts & Museums. The selected individual will act as a liaison between State History, Utah Arts & Museums, the Department of Heritage and Arts, and other state, local, and federal agencies, and external stakeholders.
Principal duties for the position include:
- Overseeing the physical management and care of objects located in the Alice Merrill Horne Art collection.
- Overseeing the physical development of collections storage space including working with architects and DFCM (Division of Facilities Construction and Management).
- Supervising full-time employees, volunteers, interns, students, and seasonal staff.
- Managing conservation/restoration budget.
- Serving as the project manager for the development of the proposed/new collections management facility.
- Overseeing collections moved from Art Haus to 3rd party storage facility, back to the new building.
- Working the Department of Heritage & Arts, State History and Arts & Museums to develop and initiate new policies and procedures for the new collection facility.
For more information about the position, and to apply online, please visit the State of Utah jobs site at https://agency.governmentjobs.com/utah/default.cfm?action=jobbulletin&JobID=2079301.