The Church History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is seeking a Church History Specialist. This position will assist the Global Support and Acquisitions Division (GSA) of the Church History Department in collecting, preserving, and sharing Church history throughout the world. Incumbents work closely with Church history advisers and specialists (volunteer historians) in acquiring and processing historical materials housed in Records Preservation Centers, Church History Centers, and the Church History Library.
- Initiate and manage joint acquisition projects
- Provide leadership and training on acquisition and preservation policies and procedures
- Process collections acquired by Church history advisers and specialists
- Quality-check and provide feedback on materials acquired by advisers and specialists
- Participate on committees and projects to identify processes, solutions, and provide direction
- Coordinate, review, and evaluate acquisition work
- Master’s degree in history, library science, archival studies or other related information field and five to seven years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training in national bibliographic standards with proficiency in at least one area preferred
- Experience with historical research methods, oral histories, and a strong interest in international Mormonism preferred
- Familiarity with Asian and/or Pacific languages, cultures, and histories preferred
- Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy
- Willingness and ability to travel
If interested and to see a full description, please go to our website at careers.lds.org. Search for job #149341.