Boise State University Albertsons Library, a fast-paced library focused on mobile/digital advancements, invites applicants for the tenure-track faculty position of Librarian/Archivist, Assistant Professor in Special Collections and Archives (SCA). The Librarian/Archivist will serve as the library’s liaison to at least one academic department with responsibility for reference and instruction. The position reports to the Head of Special Collections and Archives and works both individually and collaboratively with a team that includes one other Librarian/Archivist, a Digital Archivist, and student assistants.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Arrangement and description of university archives and manuscript collections
- Reference work in SCA including desk, phone, and email requests
- Coordinates development, planning, promotion, delivery, and evaluation of digitized collections, including establishing policies and workflows
- Manages CONTENTdm and other digital access tools
- Manages book and serials collections
- Participates in outreach, exhibits, and other programs
- Supervises student assistants, interns, and special hires in processing projects
- Participates in library planning and committee activities that reinforce the Library’s mission and goals
- Participates in general library instruction and reference
- Maintains awareness of current trends and advances in archives and librarianship
For more details, please see the full job posting at http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/searchcareers/librarianarchivist-and-assistant-professor-2/.