WESTPAS (Western States and Territories Preservation Assistance Service) will be offering a free workshop entitled, “Protecting Cultural Collections: Disaster Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery” at various sites in Utah and Arizona during September and October. The workshop includes an online webinar and one face-to-face meeting to help minimize the cost for attending. Outcomes include:
- Complete a disaster response collection salvage plan
- Learn how to train staff to implement your plan effectively
- Set pre- and post-disaster action priorities for your collections
- Understand practical decision-making skills needed during an emergency
- Experience salvage procedures for books, documents, photos & objects
The workshop is free to institutional representatives interested in creating or improving an existing disaster preparedness plan for collections. For more information on registration, please see the WESTPAS website or the event flyer.