Afraid you weren’t going to make that October 9 deadline to submit program proposals for the Western Round-up in Seattle, April 28-May 1, 2010?
Good news! The proposal deadline has been extended to October 16, 2010.
It’s easy to submit your proposal, just go to: http://www.calarchivists.org/prog/agm/2010AGMProposalForm.htm.
Proposals that may include, but are not limited to, the following formats:
- Preconference Workshop: limited enrollment; full or half-day that allows for interaction with participants; usually designed to teach or refine skills.
- Traditional: Open session; 90 minutes, consisting of two or three fully prepared papers of 15 minutes each and a comment-and-discussion period.
- Panel Discussion: Open session; 90 minutes, three to four individuals who informally discuss a variety of theories or perspectives on the given topic. (A moderator or commentator is recommended.)
- Seminar/Roundtable: open session; 90 minutes; usually designed as a directed discussion among attendees sharing a common experience or preparation.
- Special Focus Session: open session; 60 minutes; highlights innovative archives or records management programs, new techniques, and research projects; includes audience participation.
- Poster Session: posters will be on display and presenters will be assigned a specific time at which they must be with their poster to discuss it with attendees.
If you have any questions, send questions to any member of the Program committee: Julie Graham (email@example.com); Lesley Drayton (firstname.lastname@example.org); Anne Foster (email@example.com); Larry Landis (Larry.Landis@oregonstate.edu); Stephen Sturgeon (firstname.lastname@example.org); Cory Nimer (email@example.com); Jessica Velie (firstname.lastname@example.org); Claude Zachary (email@example.com).